The forgiveness of sin that Jesus offers is available to all. But it must be accepted by each person individually. Each man or woman must make a personal decision to become
a Christian. Here are some plain Scriptures that explain the conditions a person must meet.
Paul wrote, “If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you
believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. As the Scripture says, 'Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame.' For there is no
difference between Jew and Gentile--the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, for, 'Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.' How, then,
can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching
to them?" (Romans 10:9-14).
Peter preached, “'Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.' When the people heard this, they were cut to
the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, 'Brothers, what shall we do?' Peter replied, 'Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the
forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off--for all whom the Lord our God
will call.' With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, 'Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.' Those who accepted his message were baptized,
and about three thousand were added to their number that day" (Acts 2:36-41).
In summary these Scriptures tell us these things:
* A person must hear the gospel. We hope this brief has presented the good news of Christ to you simply and clearly.
* A person must believe in his/her heart. A person must place trust in Jesus Christ as the Savior who died for sins.
* A person must confess with her/his mouth. The mouth naturally will say what the heart believes, that “Jesus is Lord."
* A person must repent of sins. Repent means to be genuinely sorry for one's sin and to turn one's life back toward God.
* A person must be baptized for forgiveness of sins. In the Bible, baptism is immersion in water, portraying the saving death, burial and resurrection of Christ. This is not a human
work, but is rather a submission to Christ's saving work. Also, to be effective baptism must be preceded by the previous steps: hearing the gospel, believing it, confessing Christ,
repenting of sin.
* A person must be a disciple. We must live our lives obedient to Christ, growing in our faith, and discipling others.
Finally, the promise to every person who trusts the Lord through all of these conditions is this. He/she will have sins forgiven, will be saved, will receive the indwelling Holy Spirit,
and will be added to the Lord's church. Such a person has become a follower of Christ and may rightly wear the name Christian.
Will you become a Christian by accepting the Lord Jesus Christ?
If you understand this gospel and want to become a Christian, call (513) 539-9584 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org. We will help you to fulfill what the Word has spoken
about your salvation.
If you have further questions and would like to understand the Bible better, please call (513) 539-9584 or email us email@example.com. You are always welcome to come and learn
with us at church or in part of a small group. We will help you know the Lord Jesus personally.